Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Been a While...

It's been a while since I last blogged. I got out of the habit, as I did with many other things.

I hate school. I am sick of kids that don't listen. It is becoming a major chore to drag myself out of bed and go to school. This is the second year in a row I've had hellions, and I don't have a lot of patience left in me. I am losing my desire to even show up. This is especially true on Mondays.

Once I get there, I am usually okay. I go through the motions. I just don't really care anymore about impressing people. If I really got down to the truth, I don't even really care that much anymore if they don't want to learn. I just want to make it to 3 pm everyday and leave.

I don't bring home stuff anymore. I am rarely there past 4 anymore. I don't think anybody notices. Maybe I should have been doing this all along. I would probably be much less burned out.

I went to a conference. I had fun with my friends. The conference itself was not enjoyable. The entire time I was listening to this motivational speaker, I was thinking, "I don't WANT to do this and I have no intention of doing this." I just want to do enough to keep the powers that be off my back and get by.

I am not depressed. I know that feeling. I am just tired of playing teacher.

I hope I can manage until retirement.

At least it's Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully spring break provided you with the relief you needed?