Sunday, September 21, 2008

A New Life

The man of my dreams that I met via the online dating service finally got in touch...long enough to say it wasn't going to work out. Such hopes, such dreams dashed in the course of a few seconds.

What is the old saying? When you fall off the horse, get right back on. Easier said than done, but I am sending out the signals again, trying to cast my net wider. Hope springs eternal.

He was such a good distraction from school...

Speaking of school, I brought home a bag full of work and left it in the backseat of my car. The thought of grading papers right now makes me ill.

I have really let things go this year, more so than I ever thought I would or even could. Some days I feel like I'm fumbling around like a rookie. I can't seem to find anything. And my desk........it looks like an atomic bomb hit it. I have thrown away center work (Reading First requires it) because I am covered up with more papers than I will ever get to grade. I have laid aside papers and "to do" chores that had no definite deadlines, which in the past I would have jumped right on.

I just don't care as much as I used to. I figure if they need them bad enough, they'll give me a shout. I used to live in fear of those shouts. Now, not so much.

I'm not depressed. Modern chemistry has taken care of that. Just disappointed and very tired. I had a girls' night out on Friday, then an all day scrapbook crop on Saturday. I fell asleep last night watching TV and woke up in the same postion with the TV still on at 5 AM. I took a three hour nap after church today, and I still think I could go to bed right now!!!

My anti-aging quest continues. I had my first micropeel on Thursday. If you like heat, you should definitely try micropeels out. My face felt like it was on FIRE. I am flaking like crazy. I have brown patches of dead skin which I was repeatedly told not to pick, but how can anyone NOT pick it? It's just hanging there, begging to be ripped off. Now, where I was unable to resist the urge, I have red spots. I bet putting on make up for school tomorrow will be lots of fun. I've been lathering up with moisturizer all weekend, so hopefully I'll see some improvement by tomorrow morning. (My fingers are crossed anyway.)

I don't like Sunday nights, but I really hate Monday mornings. For those about to embark on another week of educating our nation's youth, I salute you!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Sunday nights used to make me shake with fear, and I am not exaggerating. For about ten years, I was in a very difficult teaching situation. While things improved after three years (I moved to another school in another state), the dread of Sunday evenings still lingered. I am not sure what changed, but, I have a different perspective on life at this point. I was very absorbed in work, in school. In my quest for a better quality of life in my personal life, I have struck a balance, or, at least, more of a balance. All of this to say: I don't dread Sunday nights nearly as much.