Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Waiting on a Life

I swear I think I am being tested. How long am I supposed to wait for a phone call from a man who acted interested then seemed to drop me without warning? After a cancelled date (for which he had a good excuse), I am waiting for that follow up phone call which should have come days ago. The one where he says, "Oh, I'm so sorry I had to break our date. How about this weekend?" At this point I would even settle for a friendly "hello, I really don't hate you. I'm just rotten at communicating with the opposite sex."

My sister told me she was glad she didn't have to date anymore. Imagine that! Why wouldn't anyone love this constant feeling of inadequacy and rejection? It just really builds up your self confindence and makes you feel really good about yourself.

I went back and reread parts of The Power of Now. It reminded me that I should not depend on anyone other than myself for happiness and that if I just deal with THIS MOMENT, all problems will disappear like magic.

I'm trying, but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh, the joys of the single life!

Enough of feeling sorry for myself. Men are like buses; if you miss one you can always catch the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, men *are* like busses. As I get older, I just don't worry as much about meeting the right man. Not that I'm complacent, and not that I wouldn't like to have a male partner in my life. However, my life is full at the moment, and I am content. As a believer, the right one will come when the time has been chosen.

Re: school. Again, as I get older, my focus is shifting from being work-centered to life-centered. I strive to get more accomplished during the school day, so that I am not bringing home UHaul loads of paperwork. I find paperwork the least invigorating and least creative thing I do. When I do work at home, I am creating things, via technology mostly, for my students. This is the part of my time spent away from the classroom I enjoy most.