Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, Monday

Is there a teacher on earth who really likes Mondays? If the truth was known, I bet the teachers hate them even more than the students. There's just something about Monday. When I get through it, I feel like I can make it the rest of the week.

It was, for the most part, an uneventful day. No major meltdowns. No angry moms. No memos from administrators requesting stupid things I didn't want to do. It was quite nice. Lunch was a little different. They started construction on a new kitchen today, so no hot lunches for a while. I bet there will be a race to the teachers' microwave everyday now. I'm spoiled--I am usually the only one on my team who uses it. I may have to start waiting in line.

We also had to enroll in a new health plan. It was done on line this year. I chose one and got my enrollment out of the way. No use waiting until the last minute.

The PTO fundraiser boxes of items "to be delivered" did arrive. As the PTO president brought them into my room she said, "I'm sure you're thrilled." Her mom was a teacher for 27 years and she definitely knows the score. Anyway, they are all over my room. Hopefully, they will all be picked up soon.

I'm tired. I'm tired of answering the same question over and over and over and over. I'm tired of tattletales. I'm tired of people who can't get along with anyone. I'm tired of never being caught up. I'm just tired of my school teacher's life.

No comments: