Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Blurter, the Tattler, and the WILD MAN

I survived my first week and am well on my way to surviving the 2nd. So far, they are a pretty good group, but I sat on them from the first minute. They can learn how nice I am later--better they learn to "believe" first!

I have several blurters. In fact, I wrote on the board OUR GOAL: NO BLURTING OUT! I told them it would be up until it was achieved. That was last Thursday. Needless to say it's still up. If anybody has a cure for the "blurts" let me know. It would be worth its weight in gold!

Then I have the tattler. He is constantly in everyone else's business. He can't get his work done for telling me the kids sitting across from him are not doing their work. He tattles on people for things, then turns around and does the SAME things himself. I have told him that life is soooooooo much better when you worry about your own business and let everybody else take care of their own.

Then I have the WILD MAN. This kid is absolutely precious, and I can't help but love him, but his ADHD medicine doesn't kick in until around 9. Until it kicks in, he is literally jumping up and down, hollering, clicking pencils, and practically standing on his head. Once the medicine kicks in, it is like a switch has been flipped. He becomes quiet and cooperative. I often find myself praying for 9 AM.

All in all, they seem to be a good group. They seem fairly typical, basically the same blend I have seen for the past 24 years. I will survive.

This morning when I got off the treadmill, I found myself praying, "Thank you, God, for this day and all that it will bring."

It was a usual day. Things were just normal--nothing extreme. Just an ordinary day. It was a good day. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: