Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nightmare!

I dreamed about our Reading First program last night. But, instead of dream, I would call it a nightmare.

This is supposed to be the last year of a six year grant, and I am sooooooo ready for it to be over. In my nightmare, however, we were told, "Reading First is here to stay." I cannot tell you how displeased I was in my nightmare, along with most every one else. I kept thinking, "How am I ever going to make this fit with my new 'being in the now' attitude?" I could feel myself fighting it internally in my dream, making myself more and more upset about it. Maybe God was preparing me for something, making the dream my rehearsal. I am sure many bumps will appear in the road this year; after all, they always do. I am just looking at handling them differently when they do appear. Anyway, I woke up with a strange feeling..... I was glad to realize it was just a dream and not reality.

I played with my new laptop last night. It was weird because it was so different from a desktop, but I think I'll like it. I couldn't do much with it, as almost everything I do is via internet, but I just played around. I hope the Geek Squad guy gets it up and going. We have an appointment Saturday morning at 8. No sleeping in after a week at school for me next week, but it will be worth it in the end.

This is going to be a really busy week. In addition to school starting, I have a doctor's appointment in a city about 45 miles away on Monday, after school. On Friday, I have set up a visit with a spa in the same city. It just worked out I didn't move fast enough to get in before school started, so I had to go with the first week. Needless to say, I am looking much more forward to the spa than the doctor. The spa on Friday might actually work out great. What a way to end the first week of school!

Busy days ahead!

No comments: