Saturday, August 9, 2008

Do You Have "The Teacher Frown Line?"

I went to the spa Friday after school and had my first experience with Botox. WOW is all I can say. I can see a difference and it has only been about 36 hours. Lines disappeared like magic. It is a subtle difference, but one that makes me feel more confident in my appearance.

I have had a deep line on the bridge of my nose, right between my eyes, for as long as I can remember. The doctor actually told me that it was a "school teacher thing" probably from years of frowning and scolding naughty boys and girls. Anyway, the line always made me look like I was angry. The good doctor filled it in with some juvaderm, along with using the botox on the area. It is so much better. Maybe now my nephew won't tell me to come "put my frown" on other children when he is angry with them!

I wonder if anyone will notice--again, it is a subtle difference. No one in my family has noticed or at least they haven't said anything. Monday might be interesting.

I had a choice today of going to school to get caught up or going to the movies. The old me would have gone to school, but instead I went to the movies. I saw "Step Brothers." I was hoping it would make me laugh so hard that I would fall out of my seat, but it didn't. It was average, at best. It was still better than going to school! I don't know when I'll ever catch up--maybe I won't.

By the way, my email dude didn't let me down after all--I got his latest message on Thursday. Maybe there's hope yet. He seems so nice, and we seem to have so much in common. I am trying not to "over expect." The possibilities, however, are exciting to think about!

Well, it is Saturday night and here I am blogging. Let's hope this will be one of my last Saturday nights home alone. I am so ready to experience all the great things that are out there waiting for me! Life is good!

No comments: